“The Committee on Technology Integration for Students with Dyslexia was challenged with developing a plan for integrating technology into the classroom to help accommodate students with dyslexia.” ~Texas Education Code 38.0031, added by Senate Bill 866.
There is a growing interest and development of technology for dyslexic students. I am personally very excited about this shift towards greater awareness of Dyslexia in education here in Texas. Here are a few of the top apps and websites I recommend:
*All of these apps can be found in the App Store or Google Play Store*
5 top apps to for Dyslexic Students–
1. Pen Ultimate – must have for me! Links with Evernote.
2. Popplet – for organizing ideas, mapping. It’s like and electronic graphic organizer or web.
3. Bluster – homophones, prefixes, and suffixes
4. Shake-a-Phrase – grammar for older students (4-8 grds)
5. ToonTastic – a must have for your 3-D learner! Great way for a student to create animated information for projects, re-tell a story, create a book report, make an animated review for a test, and tons more ideas.
The best Websites to use with dyslexic students:
What are ways you implement technology in the classroom for the dyslexic child?
Please comment below, I would love to hear all your ideas!